Saturday, July 2, 2011

WHAT DOES OUR PRESIDENT SAY ABOUT RH BILL?




It was initially presented on the news that President Noynoy Aquino was very fickle minded about his stand on the controversial issue of the Reproductive Health Bill which he likes to call the “Responsible Parenthood”. This was very much evident when the term “sa pula sa puti” was broadcasted by the media that came from his previous interviews about his stand on the bill.

During the Presidential Youth Forum that was honorably held in our school, De La Salle University the President had to give an answer, his final answer on whether he is genuinely for the reproductive health bill or against it. He uttered that he values that the people in our country would know important information on different kinds of family planning methods-Regardless, if it is the modern or the natural way. This in the sense that people of a democratic country would still be able to choose or utilize their free will. That statement he let go off made him become a pro on the Reproductive Health Bill, however he mentioned that there are still some areas in the bill that needs revisions which makes it a little confusing whether he is for it or against it. He further says that,

“There are provisions that I cannot support. I was mistakenly labeled as co-author of the bill. Actually I am listed as interpellator, and I am waiting for my opportunity. But having said that, I still think that this is a problem that we cannot bury our heads in the sand. Kailangan natin tugunan. Habang hindi inaasikaso ang problema, tuloy lalaki ang problema at tuloy ang pasakit sa taongbayan.”

In my understanding, PNoy as a catholic believer is torn a part. However, as a president of this country there are certain things that he ought to do for the best interest of the people that is why despite the big possibility that he might get excommunicated in his church, he still believes that the intentions of the reproductive health bill is a good solution and law for our country.

“Responsible parenthood basically says each parent should be reminded, ‘May dinala kayong anak sa mundong ito. Meron kayong obligasyon na sila’y paaralin, pakainin, patirahin ng maayos, damitan, at iba pa.’ Ano ang solusyon diyan? Meron po tayong educational campaign na ipapatupad.”

With these things that he said about the Reproductive Health Bill, he certainly was able to give an affirmative effect to the people listening to him in and outside the area. The people who are for the bill were very much encouraged however, he still felt distressed by the Catholic Church. He ends his speech by saying:

“I don’t care if the Catholic Church will abandon me because of my support for the RH Bill. I cannot allow a church-run state. The church teaches me that I will follow my conscience. My conscience tells me that we have an overpopulation problem. I have to address it; we need to control the population. We must ensure ful availability of contraceptives.”

source:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426276

No comments:

Post a Comment