Monday, June 27, 2011

The stand of a fellow classmate: EJ ZOLETA

Here goes a stand of my fellow classmate who is studying organizational communication. Her testimony is as follows:

“After a series of random interviews with students and after hearing their meaningful insights, finally, I am going to unveil my stand about the RH Bill. *drum roll* I am a Catholic. Maybe the Catholic Church would excommunicate me for this and I might go to hell in the afterlife, but I am PRO RH Bill. I’m not against morality but I’m against ignorance. I guess that the church is just making a controversy out of something that shouldn’t be controversial at all. I don’t see why the morality issue should be included here when at least everyone should be looking at the brighter side and see what RH bill has to offer to our unstable society.

With morality issues set aside, being a pro-RH bill doesn’t make me a murderer and it doesn’t necessarily mean that I am against life. As a matter of fact, I value life more than anything. Yes, everyone has the right to live but would the “person” enjoy his/her existence if the state is in a condition like this? Don’t worry, I can see the fallacy in my statement. But then there’s nothing wrong with looking at the near future. First, we are over populated. Artificial contraceptives, on the other hand, may not be the best solution to it but at least it could lessen the problem. Second, this act of using contraceptives should be not regarded as abortion. Abortion is a different thing. Using contraceptives in my point of view is much more effective than natural family planning. Third, teenagers are getting pregnant. Sex education is a must for it will inform them a lot of things. They will also be guided. People should be well-informed about this so that they will be knowledgeable and responsible for their every action. Fourth, the rights of the women are being distorted; they should be able to do what they want because it’s their choice because it is their body, our body. And Fifth, I am pro because I have the right to say yes, to what I think is right and no, to what will lead me and my fellow citizens at risk.

I value life and I value others life’ as well. Maybe some could afford to buy condoms, pills etc., but some cannot afford to have one. Some have access to proper education, some are ignorant. I think we all need to see what’s happening around and not only consider what’s best for ourselves. If the Church fears that Christians might be extinct because population will be controlled and nobody will be on their side and give donations, they may have to re-consider things and put aside morality issues.

In my point of view, this act would be for the betterment of our country. For a healthy living lifestyle.
But then again, no one knows what the effect of this RH bill would be, if implemented. Would it really resolve the problems that our country is facing now? Or would it be just another neglected bill?

Let’s hope for the best.”

No comments:

Post a Comment