Friday, June 17, 2011

BLOGGERS INTERVENTION

So far this is what I think of the RH Bill. I have attended to at least a couple of forums inside the campus regarding the debate of this bill and despite hearing good and strong arguments of both sides, I still am very neutral about it. I guess being a firm believer of God is one of the strongest reason why it is quite difficult for me to say that I am for the RH Bill. However, with enough readings of articles and watching videos about it, I feel like I am more on the for side of the RH Bill.

I believe that Filipinos now do not really know what they want and what is good for them. A lot of Filipinos are very fickle minded because most of what they believe in is what is said in the media. It is the strongest medium on how to affect the way people think about certain things. I acknowledge the fact that this is a very debatable statement I have mentioned but I will be try my best to support this claim of mine with the best rationalization and thorough thinking.

People who are against the bill state that it is anti-life, it is the practice of abortion. They say that this bill’s target is only towards the poor and the uneducated. And that is absolutely right. The RH- Bill is all about sharing in more helpful information about the effects of not using contraceptives. With or without the RH bill sex still exists and it is just the goal of the RH Bill to lessen the harmful effects of not using contraceptives. Anti-RH Bill supports do not like that idea that sex education will be thought to elementary and highschool students because it is inappropriate for them to be exposed to a topic for adults but this is where the problem comes in. EDUCATION is one of the main problems of overpopulation because they simply do not know.

It may seem like if the RH-Bill is implemented a lot of people will be controlled by this law, they will be given limitations and it might be against their free will but it absolutely does not just revolve around these valuable reasons. It is simply about making our country a better place to live in. Without this bill implemented we will just be stagnant in our way of living by the day. That is good if we make each day count, live each day as if it were last but it is also good that we look out for our future, for the coming generations and what we will leave them with.

I am pro the RH-Bill because I believe that our country needs a radical change. We are not well off with this kind of governance, being a democratic country. We do not even know what we want. And a good way to start raising up our country is by changing how we live and care for our lives. I say let the RH-bill be implemented and let’s see what great changes this could lead us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment